Thursday, June 21, 2007

Reflections from a mom

I was an education major and we always had to reflect, so I thought I would continue the good practice.

So lately what God has been teaching me through my particular situation, is that He is always drawing me to himself through all my trials and temptations. He is so faithful to make me rely on Him. This is a privilege to learn daily to TRUST Him to provide for all our needs. Being a single mom has some very difficult days. The days become slightly monotonous with chores, diapers, feedings, and at the end you are tired and lonely. But God is using this to bring me to my knees over and over. I am so thankful and God I give you all the glory for how you are refining me. You are developing my character like never before. You are showing me that my life is process of restoration and sanctification. It will never stop until the day of Christ Jesus. Thank you Lord for what you are doing even though daily it is hard, you are showing me your indescribable love and character more and more. I am falling more and more in love with you because of who you are. Thank you for choosing me, I am so humbled.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
FOR I AM THE LORD, YOUR GOD,
THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL, YOUR SAVIOR."
Isaiah 43: 1-3

No comments: