Tuesday, March 11, 2008

His GRACE is sufficient

I asked God for strength that I might achieve,
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked God for health that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity that I might do greater things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy,
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness that I might find the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life,
I was given life that I might endure all things.
I got nothing I asked for
But EVERYTHING I had hoped for...
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men most richly blessed.


I read this poem and I don't feel I am quite at this point. But I do get it. I get that all I need is Christ and that I am desperate for Him. Without His spirit I default to me, which is ugly, selfish, and very broken. But I am so exited to feel contentment in the lonely, tired, and long days knowing that His grace is sufficient and I am eternally secure in Christ alone, nothing that this world can offer can give me this peace.

This gets me through to endure the days ahead whether in joy or saddness, in the good or bad times!!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses in insults, hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, than I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

No comments: