Sunday, August 12, 2007

Elyse's FIRST word

Yes finally! Elyse has been babbling for sometime now. She says dada, mama, baba, tata, but she doesn't identify any sounds with an object. However, she really likes animals. She has a fascination with dogs especially. (if they are little she likes to play with them, if they are big she gets a little frightened) But I started introducing the word dog to her. Now when she sees a dog: rather face to face, on tv, or in a book...she yells out dot. It is amazing to see her mind working like this. I can't even wait for all the of the milestones that are coming up in the next year. She is going to be increasing her vocabulary frequently from here on out.
It is funny that Elyse likes dogs so much. If you all know me, you know I am not the biggest doggie fan, so I hope Elyse doesn't start wanting a pup. I would have to tell her sweet little heart NO, for now anyways. Angie is still trying to win me over to the doggie world:) We shall see.

Elyse and her doggie books...



No comments: